The Best Thing I’ve Ever Done

I graduated from Rutgers University with a degree in Public Policy and immediately landed a dream job on President Barack Obama's 2012 campaign. That opportunity, eventually, brought me to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where I met Rabbi Zalman and Yehudis Bluming, shluchim at the Chabad Center. The next summer I had the incredible opportunity to attend the Mayanot Learning Program.

Coming from the world of academia and understanding the struggles of being a young Jew on a college campus, Mayanot is unique in the sense that it is a non judgmental, warm, welcoming, and open minded environment, perfect for young university students to study the depth of Judaism and its philosophy.

I can say with complete sincerity that I learned more, in six weeks, at Mayanot than I've ever learned, in any classroom, at any university. Mayanot is a place where college students can feel totally comfortable being themselves as they explore and learn about Judaism. I've never been happier, or felt more in touch with what's truly important in my life.

My time at Mayanot was the most eye opening, life changing experience, with friendships that will last a lifetime and staff who have come to feel like family. It truly has become my home away from home and, without a doubt, the best thing I've done in my life!

By: Rachel Morales, New Jersey, Mayanot Women’s Program Alum